udo's oil

chocolateboy

has anyone tried using UDO's oil, i hear a lot of good things about it and was wandering if anyone had ever tried it, or is currently using it

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi,

Haven't tried it but I see that it sells for £16.95 a bottle and there are several alternatives available from H&B, Boots, Julian Graves, etc, at half that price.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Had a look at the website,it seems to be a blend of flaxseed etc so will be all 'good'oils.

Knowledge is the key to control

chocolateboy

hi, i have got myself a bottle and i am going to give it a try on the recommendation of my diabetic nurse who said it might help. however i am a little concerned :
it says have 3-4 table spoons a day. but that equates to 29g of FAT!!. i know its EFA's but wont this be detrimental?

i have decided to have 2 spoonfuls a day 1 in my breakfast cereal and 1 in a milkshake in the evening. any thoughts on this?

Sukaren

I have taken Udo's oil for sometime now,it is one of the purest oils you can buy,inventor Dr Udo Erasmus wrote a very interesting book called "Fats that kill,Fats that heal" well worth a read!

I deleted your double post for you.

Sukaren

To be honest with you I was taking it years before I was diagnosed with diabetes but I was not taking it in the quantity advised I was only taking 3 capsules a day and it should have been twice that amount, I have now doubled the dose so waiting to see. My levels are good at the moment I am in great favour of taking cinnamon as well, I am convinced that helps! when I was ill and could not take Metformin as I was'nt eating I always got the cinnamon down Im sure that held me steady through that.