Un Pasteurised Milk

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I get unpasteurised milk from a local farm’s Milkbot. It’s delicious and I usually make kefir from it. The notices about organisms have to be posted at point of sale by law in the UK and the milk is basically sold ‘at the farm gate’ so you can see how the farm is operating and make your decision. The milk is also regularly tested - also on spec by the FSA. There is an online register of suppliers in England, and they seem to be gradually becoming more numerous - in the East Midlands anyway.
@Musora i used to like kefir before diabetes i used to get it from polish shops ..is it low carb ? if so ill try making some theres a farm nearby which sells creamy whole milk from guernsey cows..dont think its unpasteurised though..

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Musora i used to like kefir before diabetes i used to get it from polish shops ..is it low carb ? if so ill try making some theres a farm nearby which sells creamy whole milk from guernsey cows..dont think its unpasteurised though..

I make kefir with pasteurised milk, so the pasteurisation doesn't appear to impact the keffirisation (of course that's not a word).

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Gail Borden established strict sanitary requirements (the "Dairyman's Ten Commandments") To ensure against disease, for farmers who wanted to sell him raw milk: they were required to wash the cows' udders before milking, keep barns swept clean, and scald and dry their strainers morning and night

When returning from the London Exhibition to America in 1851 the shipboard cows on the vessel he traveled on both became infected with disease several children who drank the milk died and the the cows died also.

This is why he developed condensed milk to be a safe and long lasting milk that did not require refrigeration.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, I have discovered a fantastic blue cheese made at the factory I am working at. I said in an earlier thread that it is addictive. Well it isn’t quite but it is highly enjoyable to say the least. It certainly helps to divert ones attention away from tempting carbs. It is a creamy cheese laced with blue.

I was never much of a blue cheese fan until now.

I believe it is made with pasteurised milk.

76632CE7-C758-4C05-B80C-4BDF7FFADAB8.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnEGreen

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Posting works just like any other items really, they just need to use freezer block type items to keep things cool. Usually items are sent priority and definitely next day!
I was looking into that today. I was given a freezer bag thingy for that purpose.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, I have discovered a fantastic blue cheese made at the factory I am working at. I said in an earlier thread that it is addictive. Well it isn’t quite but it is highly enjoyable to say the least. It certainly helps to divert ones attention away from tempting carbs. It is a creamy cheese laced with blue.

I was never much of a blue cheese fan until now.

I believe it is made with pasteurised milk.
If it is not this one you should try it as it fits your description of "a creamy cheese laced with blue".
https://www.castellocheese.com/en-gb/our-cheeses/castello-creamy-blue-1/

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only