1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Unable to fill in Low Carb Program online Survey?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Oskarkat, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Oskarkat

Oskarkat Type 1 · Newbie

I have received 3 emails from Louise asking me to complete the survey re. progress on the Low Carb Program; I started 6 months age. However, much as I would like to report positive progress, the survey computer system does not accept the information I put in the line about amount of exercise or physical activity per week. Therefore cannot submit any answers. I have tried numbers only and various combinations of words and numbers etc.! Has anyone else found this problem?
    I think it is important that I contribute to the survey as I have Type 1 diabetes, and have had first ever success in managing the slow creep weight gain experienced due to an excessive [for me] level of carbs and consequent short acting insulin. I strongly believe that the low carb program is especially important due to the still persistent older information of high/carb low fat, along with the adage of 'eat less and exercise more', regularly trotted out by the diabetes nurses and medical staff.

• Like Like x 2
  2. himtoo

himtoo Type 1 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

Hi @Oskarkat
    have tagged in our admin team to have a look at this for you.

thanks for your understanding and patience.

3. Giverny

Giverny Friend · Admin
    Administrator

That field in particular requires a numerical value only (can't put any text or punctuation in with it). This has been passed on to the relevant members of our team.

For now, the only workaround I can see is working out your total exercise in minutes then typing that into the field.

Sorry about the inconvenience!

4. BarbaraG

BarbaraG Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I've also had the email asking me to fill it in, but got stuck on the medication page. I put in the metformin I take and answered the question about energy level.... and I get an error saying This question requires and answer.

I've answered the bleeping question!

5. AndBreathe

AndBreathe I reversed my Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Barbara, I'll tag @Giverny and @CaptainWard who should be able to ensure this is investigated and resolved for you.

Thanks for reporting it.

6. BarbaraG

BarbaraG Type 2 · Well-Known Member

7. Squire Fulwood

Squire Fulwood Type 2 · Expert

I had problems with the question about what medication I was not on and it insisted on answer. I can't remember what I entered but since I am not on it I don't suppose it matters.

8. AndBreathe

AndBreathe I reversed my Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Squire, I'll tag @Giverny and @CaptainWard who should be able to ensure this is investigated and resolved for you too. :)

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook