Uncontrollable highs all of a sudden..

O_DP_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I've been getting uncontrollable highs after food for the past 10 days or so, numbers like 12, 10, 14 etc and it takes ages for them to come down into range and as soon as as I eat BANG it's up again. Been using the same NovoRapid pen for a couple of weeks and it's been fine, do you guys think then pen may have gone off all of a sudden? Should I change it and and see, it's really PISSING me off to be honest. Any ideas what might be causing this?

D

Deleted Account

I would definitely change the pen.
Might also be a lingering cold which your body is fighting under the covers could be pushing your BG up.

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Been using the same NovoRapid pen for a couple of weeks and it's been fine, do you guys think then pen may have gone off all of a sudden?

Is that the same pen with replaceable insulin cartridges that you have been changing? Or have you been using the same pen and insulin for the last couple of weeks?

If it were me I'd start a fresh vial of basal and bolus insulin so you can rule out and problems with your insulin as the issue. If that's not the cause for the post prandial highs it could be that your coming down with something.

O_DP_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hhhmm basal was changed about 2 weeks ago and I thiink the NR was the same, I'm using flex pens for both BTW,

bhk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Any news? How long did it last??