Uncontrollable Nighttime Hypoglycemia

ShadowDragon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
small gaps in the graph can be because the BG levels are changing rapidly the Libre just can't hand it.

Thanks for the AGP graph, and the rough daily routine. That is amazing that you don't or didn't have ANY hypos during the day but then again you're pretty much always over target :sorry:

Could you try having breakfast pretty much as soon as you're up, before going to work? What do you have for breakfast? Do you pre-bolus at all? What are your injection sites like? It's almost as if all the insulin you inject during the day does nothing until you lie down! The only thing I can think of is at rest your liver does the grab back but with no insulin on board it shouldn't consistently drop you that low (as if our bodies always do as they should!). Thats a mighty monster roller-coaster you're on.

What are your Insulin to Carb ratios (I:C) like? How many carbs do you have at each meal?

Just looking I'd say your breakfast ratio needs increasing but that may also because of starting at a high BG - some T1Ds find the higher they are the bigger the correction dose needs to be.

Can't remember if you have tried or if it's already been suggested to do a basal test? could you post an agp of the time since changing your basal dose to the morning only please?

Sorry so many questions!
Breakfast was muesli. Then was 3 eggs and half dose protein shake. Now its Bran flakes. This is since I started using the sensor.
Below is the AGP for when I started taking the Lantus in the morning. It looks the same as the other graph but they're different.
Oh. The injection sites are on my tummy as there is little to no effect if I inject anywhere else.
upload_2018-9-14_13-57-24.png

To be honest, I've never carb counted. For the entire time I've been guessing based on past reactions. I know that its not the right way however when the professor diagnosed me, all he said to me was, "you can continue with your life like normal, eat what you want and inject as required. The exact doses will come with time." So that's what I've been doing. I then put on weight, mainly at the injection sites, and that's it. I've been trying to manage this as best I can by myself as there does not seem to be much concern for it from the doctors I've been to. I've only ever started experiencing problems this year. Everything was going fine before that. Average HBA1c was 6 to 7 and only over the last three years has it been between 7 and 8.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The good news: since changing to morning basal things have got tighter, mid morning rise hasn't been as high.

The bad news: the night time hypo pattern hasn't changed much and if anything got slightly worse.

How much insulin are you taking? Could you give numbers for morning basal, breakfast, lunch and dinner and any taken for the 9pm snack?

ShadowDragon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
The good news: since changing to morning basal things have got tighter, mid morning rise hasn't been as high.

The bad news: the night time hypo pattern hasn't changed much and if anything got slightly worse.

How much insulin are you taking? Could you give numbers for morning basal, breakfast, lunch and dinner and any taken for the 9pm snack?
Lantus was originally at 22 units. It was then dropped to 15 units at the start of the sensor use and upped to 18 over 4 weeks
Apidra is between 20 and 40 units depending on what I'm having.