Understanding glucose reading and a recommended diabetic diet to follow

hollygirl

Good Afternoon.

I had a Fasting Hba1c blood test this monday showed levels at 80 mmol which unsure of if need concern. May I inquire is this a high reading for blood sugar levels

Spoke with doctor, limited in explanation, I have been prescribed metformin SR 1 tablet a day
and gliclazide 40mg once a day
Awaiting to speak with diabetic nurse on further information

I am overweight and seriously need to address my weight and fitness levels, but would like to follow a recommended diet lifestyle food plan for controlling the type 2 diabetes which I now need to control with better food choices

In the forum here. Does anyone have a good diabetes diet plan that would recommend

greatly appreciate any guidance and understanding of glucose readings and successful diabetic food diet plans that I could begin and follow

Thankyou

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Good Afternoon.

I had a Fasting Hba1c blood test this monday showed levels at 80 mmol which unsure of if need concern. May I inquire is this a high reading for blood sugar levels

Spoke with doctor, limited in explanation, I have been prescribed metformin SR 1 tablet a day
and gliclazide 40mg once a day
Awaiting to speak with diabetic nurse on further information

I am overweight and seriously need to address my weight and fitness levels, but would like to follow a recommended diet lifestyle food plan for controlling the type 2 diabetes which I now need to control with better food choices

In the forum here. Does anyone have a good diabetes diet plan that would recommend

greatly appreciate any guidance and understanding of glucose readings and successful diabetic food diet plans that I could begin and follow

Thankyou

Hi there @hollygirl and welcome to the forums.

An HbA1c level of 80mmol/mol is pretty high, take a look at THIS page for a better understanding.

I will tag a couple of people who can help with dietary advice. @Goonergal @Rachox @bulkbiker @JoKalsbeek .