Type 2 Understanding my meter reading

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
hi, my recent HbA1c result was 45 or 6.3 and I tend to average 5.5 when I test. This evening before eating my reading 4.1 and after 2 hrs it was 4.3 is the normal/ok?

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds okay to me. What did you eat? Has it had the same effect before?

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds okay to me. What did you eat? Has it had the same effect before?
I had some salad leaves, cherry tomatoes, raddish, portobello mushroom with cheese and creamy coleslaw with bacon and cheddar sausages. Strange tea but had things to use up and was cooking the sausages for my partner :)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hi, my recent HbA1c result was 45 or 6.3 and I tend to average 5.5 when I test. This evening before eating my reading 4.1 and after 2 hrs it was 4.3 is the normal/ok?

If I have a very low carb meal, like an omelette and salad, my post meal reading would be lower than the pre-meal.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had some salad leaves, cherry tomatoes, raddish, portobello mushroom with cheese and creamy coleslaw with bacon and cheddar sausages. Strange tea but had things to use up and was cooking the sausages for my partner :)

Are you taking any meds for your diabetes, Jayney?

If not, those numbers look great. If you're on certain drugs, you might need to be a bit careful.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If I have a very low carb meal, like an omelette and salad, my post meal reading would be lower than the pre-meal.
Yes it has happened to me before but not with such a low reading?

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you taking any meds for your diabetes, Jayney?

If not, those numbers look great. If you're on certain drugs, you might need to be a bit careful.
No meds at all, was diagnosed in October but allowed to try diet and exercise, first check up was Feb and results were low enough to put me in the pre diabetic range.

Reactions: hankjam

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No meds at all, was diagnosed in October but allowed to try diet and exercise, first check up was Feb and results were low enough to put me in the pre diabetic range.

Excellent. In that case, don't give it another thought, apart from to feel happy.

We're all different and some of us run quite low. I regularly see numbers well down into the 3s. It's just how my body works. If I were feeling "off", I'd just have a cup of tea with milk, just to nudge my bloods up a tine bit. I personally wouldn't be reaching for the Jelly Babies.

Well done, those numbers are great.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent. In that case, don't give it another thought, apart from to feel happy.

We're all different and some of us run quite low. I regularly see numbers well down into the 3s. It's just how my body works. If I were feeling "off", I'd just have a cup of tea with milk, just to nudge my bloods up a tine bit. I personally wouldn't be reaching for the Jelly Babies.

Well done, those numbers are great.
Thank you for the reassurance, I won’t reach for the jelly babies either :happy:

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Aye, this has happened to me a few times, though it is rare for me to have 4s. Your meal sounds yummy.
Well done and keep up the good work.

Reactions: jayney27

tayelola

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You have no problem at all in my opinion. If I have the figures you are talking about I'll roll out the drums. Congratulations and keep it up.