Unexpected Highs on successive days/same time.

Neil457

Hello, I am a type 1 and have been for around 4 years due to pancreas/spleen/gall bladder removal due to a malignant tumour. This is my first post although I have been a member for quite some time. Yesterday and today I walked the dogs around the normal places. I was just over 7.5 and 8.1 on these days. I came back and was approaching 4.6 (the alarm on my libra is set on that). I had one small/medium apple and around one hour later I am registering 16. It is very unusual for me. I take Humalog for my bolus and work on 1:10 ratio. I have very recently been moved to Levimir for my basal and I thought that was going well (only been on that since last week). I take 6 units twice a day (morning and night). I find this large jump quite confusing. I am 75 years old. 12 stone 4 lbs and otherwise quite good physically. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @Neil457

My thought is that your liver had already started giving you some glucose based on going low and that combined with your apple contributed to your higher reading, based on one event I don't tend to get too excited, I work with multiple events to establish patterns and then revert to adjusting ratios to suit. So I wouldn't panic too much from this event. Your background has no effect on these events as it's role is to keep you stable during periods of fasting over a 24 hour timeframe.

Reactions: Neil457