Unintentional weight loss

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm sorry to hear about your new diagnosis but very happy you caught it before getting critically ill!
All the best with learning how to handle this and please come back to the forum with all questions you forgot to ask at the hospital.
Good luck!

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do keep us posted! Well done for coming here and making sure you got a timely diagnosis.

K_Bowley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just another update:

I got out of hospital yesterday afternoon. It turned out I was in DKA and at A&E my ketones were so high it could not show on the meter. Through fixed amounts of insulin and fluids, my ketones went fine to 0.6. Then on Thursday early morning I threw up in hospital and they did another ketones check and it had raised again to 2.4 and then again I was put on fixed insulin and fluids. My ketones was done to 0.2 a couple of hours later.

I am now on 12 units of nonorapid at meal times and 28 units of Lantus at nighttime. The doctors are testing me for GAD antibodies, but when I left hospital the results weren’t back yet. So it’s still in the open whether I’m type 1 or type 2. They believe it’s type 1.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m so glad it’s in hand and you got to the hospital in time for them to help you. Well done for being proactive in your own care and seeking help