University Challenge

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just catching up on last nights programme. The Bristol team has a young woman on wearing a Libre. Bet it was useful for the stress levels on there.

jlarsson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mods who selectively modify posts for explicit language that isn't explicit
I haven't watched the episode yet, but I saw on twitter that she wears it on the outer arm(is that the correct term?) much like all the ads I see for it. Am I the weird one for wearing it on the inner arm instead? Surely it will bump into everything if you wear it on the outer arm?

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I haven't watched the episode yet, but I saw on twitter that she wears it on the outer arm(is that the correct term?) much like all the ads I see for it. Am I the weird one for wearing it on the inner arm instead? Surely it will bump into everything if you wear it on the outer arm?

Yes she does indeed. And her previous one had been next to it as you could still see the mark.
I wear mine on the outside too. Your brain tends to remember it’s there and moves your arm out the way. Not an issue at all if you have long sleeves on. I think for me it would hit too many blood vessels on the inner arm and mess up the readings.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I am currently wearing one, and for the first time it is on my outer arm. I thought I would give it a try after seeing Theresa May wearing hers there, and wondering if it might be more accurate. I can see how people knock them off on door frames, although you have to be pretty careless or have narrow doorways! Accuracy overnight is much better, no more silly lows, but day time much the same.