Unspecific symptoms

Tennisplayer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Anyone else have intermittent fatigue, tingling across face, brain fog, melancholy, sweats, suppressed appetite, headache? Trying to advocate for myself. Tired of hearing it's anxiety. I think it's thyroid or parathyroid or other endocrine process. Blood tests coming later this week but I am reading that threshold for treatment is high for thyroid and doesn't necessarily mean cessation of symptoms. Help!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Tennisplayer , I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms.
Some of those could be due to high or low blood sugars. Do you use a glucose meter when you have those symptoms? Could also be side effects from some medication if you take any. You can choose to fill out your profile for treatment type and medication if you want to, it makes it easier for people to answer any question you may have.
I'm sorry to say I don't know anything about thyroid related problems so I can't be of any help on that part.

You posted in the Type 1.5/LADA subforum. As a T2, you may get more responses in a general part of the forum. If you'd like me or another mod to move your thread, just tell us so in a reaction.

Wish you all the best!

Tennisplayer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Yes, I have a dexcom and it isn't related to blood sugars. I know my profile says T2 but I was incorrectly diagnosed for a few months and can't modify my profile. Asked for moderator help and he/she couldn't do it either. T1.5 in Tresiba and Novolog.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, I have a dexcom and it isn't related to blood sugars. I know my profile says T2 but I was incorrectly diagnosed for a few months and can't modify my profile. Asked for moderator help and he/she couldn't do it either. T1.5 in Tresiba and Novolog.
Ah, I'll look into the profile thing again, hope we can amend it! Also hope someone comes up with ideas about your problems.

edit:
@Tennisplayer , have you tried hovering over your name at the top right of the page? When I do I get a little pop-up menu where I can select 'Personal Details', and there I can change my type of diabetes.
On a phone, tap your profile pic at the top right and the same pop up menu appears.

Last edited:

Red_Fox22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Tennisplayer, I am also a T1.5. Suppressed appetite (or becoming full after eating very little) and nigh sweats are definitely something I frequently experience. It comes and goes but no Dr has ever been able to offer an explanation, despite my having this condition for over 3 years.

chrisy62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Same as red fox, no one seems to know why! My appetite is minimal and still can’t loose weight or get answers I was diagnosed as type 2 then after a pancreases test found to be bordering type 1 so they put me down as LADA but nothing has changed a1c is all over the place, at the moment because of lock down I’m totally confused on what’s going on because I can’t see my diabetic nurse or consultant for tests required in hospital