Unsure, had HbA1C test, not Diabetic

naazmm

Hi
New to this, hope some1 can help.
I am 32 yrs old single female, who is non diabetic (at the moment) I have been to the Doc many time because of constant need to urinate, especially at night, and thirst (I am some who would never drink enough water, even when in the UAE heat) however over the last few weeks been different, can’t go with out water and the loo. :evil:

I have been recovering from a laparoscopy surgery (6 Months ago) should have recovered few days after surgery! Over the last two weeks for so have been losing quite a bit of weight, this was even noticed by my GP (she checked my urine, which is clear no glucose but trace of blood not due for period for a few weeks) She has ordered an hba1c blood test on Tuesday (awaiting result, will take two weeks to come)

Do I call my GP again, because I am feeling very week and light headed, have not ate a full meal since Monday, but seem to want just water and anything that is sweet, don’t really care what it is I eat, long as its sweet!

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Get back to the DRs asap If I were you. They can test your current blood glucose in about 30 secs and I insist on it to put your mind at rest.

naazmm

Hi
Thank you :D
Will need to wait till Monday, but bought a blood glucose monitor yesterday, only checked it 2 times, seems ok :shock: it read 9.5 (mmol) that was couple of hours after lunch(yesterday). It was lower today (8.5 mmol) before breakfast and before I even got out of bed will tell my doc when I see her!