Unwell with slight ketones but BS good

Nometype1andproud

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi folks, first time I’ve been poorly since pumping, have nasty tummy cramps and the runs since last night blood sugar sitting at 6 as I’m not eating lots just thought I’d test ketones as I feel so rough, showed as 0.6 on the meter so not sure what I need to do here sick day rules sheet suggest altering insulin if I have high BS but I don’t.

I know 0.6 is top end of normal, shall I just drink lots of fluid and just keep checking BS which I am doing anyway every 2 hrs

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, I was told if you can’t keep anything down, is to drink something with carbs that you can bolus for. If ketones continues, please visit A&E.

Nometype1andproud

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi there thanks for your fast reply, I can still eat no sickness just feel sick and the runs so will keep an eye on it my blood sugar is nice and normal at present so will check again in a couple of hours and see

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
If you're not eating they might be simple starvation ketones? I don't know much about this,and when in doubt call your HCP.
I think what @MeiChanski says makes sense. If you drink something with carbs and bolus for it they should drop if they are starvation ketones.

Hope you'll feel better soon!