Moved to Ask A Question thread. Sorry about that

Last edited:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @MikeZ

It is highly likely the statins were, at least in part, to blame for your initial diagnosis. Raised glucose levels is a common side effect. However, you stopped the statin 2 years ago, so any effects will have worn off a long time ago, so your current situation will have nothing to do with the statin.

I'm afraid your cholesterol levels mean nothing to me (nor to most of us on this forum) because we use different measurement units here. Maybe you can convert them for us? Or at least enter the actual measurement unit so someone has a chance of converting them. Here in the UK we use mmol/l for cholesterol and lipid measurements. I do know that the US triglyceride measurements does NOT convert normally.

Some BP lowering drugs do interfere with insulin production and therefore can raise blood glucose levels. You would have to do your own research depending on the brand you are offered.

MikeZ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry that I must have moved this thread to "Ask A Question", while you were typing. I will see about converting these numbers but I'm off to work just now. I hope I didn't botch up the works by reposting! :(

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry that I must have moved this thread to "Ask A Question", while you were typing. I will see about converting these numbers but I'm off to work just now. I hope I didn't botch up the works by reposting! :(

It does botch things up a bit. You can ask @DCUKMod to merge them if you wish.