Muzzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
weight 13st 13.5lbs from 15st 2lbs
BG 6.1
BP normal

That was Sunday morning. This morning my weight went up 2lbs dunno why
I stuck to the ND completely

Any words of wisdom to encourage a thoroughly cheesed off dieter that is craving Lidl's low GI bread as if I am addicted to it. Not craving a single thing other than this flaming bread!!!

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
BG 6.1
BP normal

Any words of wisdom to encourage a thoroughly cheesed off dieter that is craving Lidl's low GI bread as if I am addicted to it. Not craving a single thing other than this flaming bread!!!
Hi @Muzzer
I'm pretty new to all this dieting malarkey! I follow the low carb diet programme, now in week 4
I'm not familiar with the Newcastle Diet, so I will have to look it up
but it sounds like a low calorie diet from your post. Do you also use low carb too?
When I 1st started low carb I was so hungry for the 1st week! Thought I'd never last! And didn't lose any weight that week!
To date I've lost 8lbs, thru diet alone. I don't have a lot of mobility, so exercise out of the question
My craving was for something sweet! Obviously a no-no!
So, I can empathise with your craving! Weird isn't it?!
All I can say really is "stick with it, it will eventually pay off"
For you this is the 2nd week of ND, if you can hang on in there, I'm sure you will see improvements
Good Luck :)

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Weight fluctuates with how much water you are carrying, when you went to the bathroom last, and many other reasons. If you drink a pound of water your weight will go up a pound. I can lose 3 pounds overnight just sleeping. It's water weight. You lose water just breathing. This does not mean you have failed as your weight will fluctuate a few pounds that have nothing to do with the amount of fat your body is carrying.

Terra17880

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
BG 6.1
BP normal

Muzzer do you just use the Astral shakes and the appetite suppressant?

Muzzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Butterfly, thanks for the encouragement. The ND is 800 calories a day. I lost 16lbs in first two weeks and have reduced my BG to 6.1 and no longer take any of my many meds for T2, bp, acid reflux and cholesterol.

Chalup, thanks for the reply and it does make sense what you say. I wondered myself, but couldn't correlate the weight increase with any particular increase in fluid intake.
Will have to see how things pan out.

Indy51 - Thanks for the message. I certainly feel like an addict, wanting my low GI bread fix lol
It's doing my crust in! (See what I did there? Lol)

Terra - I use 3 Astral shakes, Vamilla in morning, Strawberry for lunch and Chocolate in the evening. That totals 300 calories. Then in the evening I have a non-starchy vegetable meal. So for example I had Aubergine, Broccoli, onion, Asparagus, chopped tomatoes and Cumin/salt/pepper, all cooked in vegetable stock to make a moussaka without the potatoes, cheese or meat.
It was only 156 calories but quite filling. So I will have some carrots with a fat free vinaigrette which will bring me up to around 500 calories for the day.

Don't want to be eating too late though as wondering if this may effect weight loss. Haven't used too many appetite suppressants. It's only the GI bread I am struggling with. Not missing anything else.

Lost half a pound this morning and BG still 6.1

Reactions: Diakat

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Butterfly, thanks for the encouragement. The ND is 800 calories a day. I lost 16lbs in first two weeks and have reduced my BG to 6.1 and no longer take any of my many meds for T2, bp, acid reflux and cholesterol.

Chalup, thanks for the reply and it does make sense what you say. I wondered myself, but couldn't correlate the weight increase with any particular increase in fluid intake.

Indy51 - Thanks for the message. I certainly feel like an addict, wanting my low GI bread fix lol

Terra - I use 3 Astral shakes, Vamilla in morning, Strawberry for lunch and Chocolate in the evening. That totals 300 calories. Then in the evening I have a non-starchy vegetable meal. So for example I had Aubergine, Broccoli, onion, Asparagus, chopped tomatoes and Cumin/salt/pepper, all cooked in vegetable stock to make a moussaka without the potatoes, cheese or meat.
It was only 156 calories but quite filling. So I will have some carrots with a fat free vinaigrette which will bring me up to around 500 calories for the day.

Don't want to be eating too late though as wondering if this may effect weight loss. Haven't used too many appetite suppressants. It's only the GI bread I am struggling with. Not missing anything else.

What appetite suppressants? Do they come with the diet shakes and also used on the ND trials etc?
First I've heard of it. Mind u I know very little about ND except your posts and 600cals for a short period mimics bariatric surgery.

Terra17880

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes

Thank you

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
The gain of a pound or two from water fluctuations does not mean you have been drinking more. It can sometimes mean you are drinking less and your body is hanging on to it. Mostly it is just how much is retained by the body's cells and you have no control over that.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
BG 6.1
BP normal

I know this was a couple of days ago.... has that 2lb gone?? I'm doing ND, too, but with normal food and I can imagine how disheartening that must have been. *hug*

Muzzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
What appetite suppressants? Do they come with the diet shakes and also used on the ND trials etc?
First I've heard of it. Mind u I know very little about ND except your posts and 600cals for a short period mimics bariatric surgery.
When I was looking at the shakes it was recommended to use appetite suppressants which can be taken any time of day or night, between one and three at a time depending on how hungry you feel. They help get through those difficult times.
It's 800 calories a day, I.e. The shakes plus non starchy veg to bring you up to the 800 calories. Do it girl 8 weeks o get rid of visceral fats around the pancreas and liver and put the T2 diabetes into remission. Then eat a healthy low carb diet ongoing.
Bariatric surgery is not available on NHS so costs circa £10,000 according to my GP.

Muzzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
That should say "do it for 8 weeks to get rid if f visceral fats...." (predictive text!)

Muzzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Chook - yes, the 2lb came off but put quarter of a pound back on. I realise it's time not a quarter of a pound but I am now over half way through week 3 and haven't lost anything in my third week.. watch this space.. I am not giving up

Reactions: marathonmona

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Chook - yes, the 2lb came off but put quarter of a pound back on. I realise it's time not a quarter of a pound but I am now over half way through week 3 and haven't lost anything in my third week.. watch this space.. I am not giving up

Got my fingers crossed that you get a decent result at the end of the week. :)

Fuchsia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well done and Keep going. I find that if I don't drink enough water, I get water retention weight, which can be disappointing. Try to drink more water if you can, it really makes a difference.

Muzzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks Chook and Fuchsia.
I will make a conscious effort to drink more water although I am drinking about 3 litres each day.
You both give me renewed energy to keep up the effort.