Update - First 2 months...

CurvyPixel

Hello all
I've been diagnosed about 10 weeks now & have really been trying to stabilise my BS & adapt to low carb diet. I went to see the dietician last Thu. After reading on here about NHS being anti LC I was all tooled up for a fight! I ended up feeling quite sorry for her though! I was never going to be the easiest customer, having got clued up on here, but she also had the GP Registrar sitting in observing her. I don't think we had the most frank discussion ever! :(

I showed her my food diary inc BG readings & she commented that whilst it obviously worked for me as a dietician she could not recommend anything like an Atkins type diet :roll:

Anyway, I've lost 700g & 3" from my waist since I started low carbing (start of Feb), and though weight loss seems to have stalled for the moment, I feel so much better in myself & have lower BG levels (around 6) (see ticker!). Also, I have had no heartburn or reflux since upping fat & cutting carbs - who knew?? It's a minor miracle! :wink:

Have converted my (non-diabetic) Dad to the diet, and even (T2) Mum's cutting her carbs a little :D

Thanks for all your advice & tips on here - although I haven't posted as often as I'd hoped, I have been lurking & keeping up with what's going on...

Curvy P :D

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Curvy,

Well done - you are starting to see some real results.

But you realise there is a big downside to all this? Losing all this weight may force you to need a whole new wardrobe!!!

sixfoot

Curvy i echo what dennis says ... the downside is the expense of a new wardrobe.
But the Prime Minister will thank you for helping the economy :lol:

Good on ya
Dave P

CurvyPixel

Aaaaw! Thanks guys! It's just a belt notch at the moment, waiting to splurge before my hols in May...but here's to a few more inches...

Also I have rediscovered the delights of spinach, raw carrots, and even celery - who knew it was soooo nice with peanut butter??? (organic, whole nut, NAS, obviously!)

Have also planted some strawberry plants in the hope of having a couple of crops in the summer... yum! :D

Curvy P :D

Trinkwasser

CurvyPixel said:
I showed her my food diary inc BG readings & she commented that whilst it obviously worked for me as a dietician she could not recommend anything like an Atkins type diet :roll:

Smile, nod, agree with them . . . then go home and carry on doing what works

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Hi urvey
I gave away 3 bin bags of clothes and even shoes. I'm waiting for the Easter hols for daughter's help in selling the expensive stuff on Ebay.
I have found that there are plenty of nice things in the charity shops. Some brand new. and I've gone back to knitting and sewing. Mainly for granddaughter, but a bit for me too.

CurvyPixel

hanadr said:
Hi urvey
I gave away 3 bin bags of clothes and even shoes. I'm waiting for the Easter hols for daughter's help in selling the expensive stuff on Ebay.
I have found that there are plenty of nice things in the charity shops. Some brand new. and I've gone back to knitting and sewing. Mainly for granddaughter, but a bit for me too.

Hi Hana
I love rummaging in charity shops, and am a regular de-clutterer on Ebay as well! My last charity shop bargain was a pair of new 'Vans' trainers for £4!! A girl can never have too many shoes - and they always fit!! :lol:

I am not too good at knitting. My Mum tried to teach me when I was expecting my boy, but since she's still got a half finished scarf from whan I was at infant school (35 years ago!!), I guess she was never going to be the best teacher :roll: . I wish she'd shown me how to do dress making though as she used to make me loads of stuff (which I was suitably embarrased about!). I'll have to ask her next time I see her...

CurvyP :D