Update/Hashimoto's

JBurt

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi there! It's been a while so I thought it would be nice to come back and post an update.

I still haven't had a lot of luck getting the testing I need to diagnose RH (the system here in NB, Canada isn't the easiest to navigate) but I did manage to find out that I have Hashimoto's. From some preliminary research that I've done myself, I understand that Hashi's can cause blood sugar imbalance and RH. This diagnosis is honestly putting together many pieces of a big puzzle for me! In a strange way, I am happy I've been diagnosed which I'm sure some of you can relate to.

My TSH is normal, and has been tested many times but never raised any flags. Finally, I had an antibody test done which showed that I do in fact have autoimmune disease at play. I wanted to share this for anyone else who has been seeking answers - if your TSH is normal, push for further testing!

Since my thyroid is still in good shape so far, treatment really comes down to diet, lifestyle, etc. which should also alleviate my RH symptoms. I'm looking forward to learning more about how to manage this and hopefully start feeling better overall.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi there! It's been a while so I thought it would be nice to come back and post an update.

I still haven't had a lot of luck getting the testing I need to diagnose RH (the system here in NB, Canada isn't the easiest to navigate) but I did manage to find out that I have Hashimoto's. From some preliminary research that I've done myself, I understand that Hashi's can cause blood sugar imbalance and RH. This diagnosis is honestly putting together many pieces of a big puzzle for me! In a strange way, I am happy I've been diagnosed which I'm sure some of you can relate to.

My TSH is normal, and has been tested many times but never raised any flags. Finally, I had an antibody test done which showed that I do in fact have autoimmune disease at play. I wanted to share this for anyone else who has been seeking answers - if your TSH is normal, push for further testing!

Since my thyroid is still in good shape so far, treatment really comes down to diet, lifestyle, etc. which should also alleviate my RH symptoms. I'm looking forward to learning more about how to manage this and hopefully start feeling better overall.
I think it is very interesting and having two distinct conditions that effect you with similar symptoms.
My daughter suffers from thyroid issues.
One was hypo, but the other is still hyper.
The doctors are still trying to get control.

I concur that by levels are effected.

It is interesting that the autoimmune blood test came back positive.

Do let us know how you get on.