Update on so frustrated

Camoo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So I have been doing my blood measurements before the first bite of a meal, and then 2hrs later.
this is how it went, before breakfast 6.5
Breakfast, 2 wholemeal toast, 3boiled eggs.margerine. 2hours after 11.0

Breakfast, before 7.9 ,had 3 egg omelette with mushrooms. 2 hours after 6.6

Dinner,
Before dinner 5.8
peppered smoked mackerel, 140gm new potatoes, green beans,
After dinner 7.7.
My lunches were veg soups...so didn't measure them.
Everything you advised is clearly evidenced.
It appears you guys in a few posts have helped so much. I don't know how to tag all the people that helped me. But really thank you so much.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
It is lovely to hear from you. You also seem to be a creative cook so it won't be long before you build up a whole repetoire of tasty, low carbohydrate recipes. Good luck with your new way of eating.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So I have been doing my blood measurements before the first bite of a meal, and then 2hrs later.
this is how it went, before breakfast 6.5
Breakfast, 2 wholemeal toast, 3boiled eggs.margerine. 2hours after 11.0

Breakfast, before 7.9 ,had 3 egg omelette with mushrooms. 2 hours after 6.6

Dinner,
Before dinner 5.8
peppered smoked mackerel, 140gm new potatoes, green beans,
After dinner 7.7.
My lunches were veg soups...so didn't measure them.
Everything you advised is clearly evidenced.
It appears you guys in a few posts have helped so much. I don't know how to tag all the people that helped me. But really thank you so much.
It still surprises me still how clear evidence like the type you provide and that those of us T2s who check can also provide doesn't seem to have been understood by the experts and the NHS Eatwell etc.

The 2 pieces of toast, the carbs in there have a clear and obvious longer lasting spike than is not what you want to see. But also for you those new potatoes didn't seem to impact overly poorly. So, its good you are starting to see how you can change your diet for your own unique situation. Hope it goes well!

Reactions: EllieM

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It still surprises me still how clear evidence like the type you provide and that those of us T2s who check can also provide doesn't seem to have been understood by the experts and the NHS Eatwell etc.

The 2 pieces of toast, the carbs in there have a clear and obvious longer lasting spike than is not what you want to see. But also for you those new potatoes didn't seem to impact overly poorly. So, its good you are starting to see how you can change your diet for your own unique situation. Hope it goes well!
I have potatoes with my main meal on most days. As above, I found I am tattie-tolerant to a small extent.
The best ones I have found are Aldi miniature potatoes or baby potatoes, but I think the principle is that the younger the potato the less starch it is storing, so lower spike. The ASDA baby potatoes appear to be a bit older, and I am not so tolerant of them. Jersey pots are not too bad, and salad pots in reduced portion size.

Camoo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have potatoes with my main meal on most days. As above, I found I am tattie-tolerant to a small extent.
The best ones I have found are Aldi miniature potatoes or baby potatoes, but I think the principle is that the younger the potato the less starch it is storing, so lower spike. The ASDA baby potatoes appear to be a bit older, and I am not so tolerant of them. Jersey pots are not too bad, and salad pots in reduced portion size.
Yep mine were the Aldi baby potatoes, I will have to experiment a bit more x

Reactions: Oldvatr

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, eating to one's own meter is the best tool possible. It's so easy to see what adversely affects our bg and to therefore avoid that food in future.
It will take several months to test and learn most of what is right for your body - we are all different
You have made an excellent start

Reactions: Camoo