1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Update- please help!

Discussion in 'Type 2 with Insulin' started by lcarter, Aug 14, 2019.

1. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Master

How much overweight are you @lcarter? Are doctors pleased with you having no damage from sugar/carbs or is damage evident and to what extent?

2. ZESTRIL

ZESTRIL Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi I was on that devil drug metformin for 15 years it ruined my life doing the same thing it did to you I'm on a drug now and Nova mix new drug
    changed my life I'm on jardiance 10 mg I suggest you ask your doctor about them instead of diarrhoea gave me constipation but that's all cleared up now I've got used to them they are brilliant I'm type 2 diabetes the other name for them is a bit of a mouth full Empaglifllozin please give them a try

• Like Like x 1
  3. kokhongw

kokhongw I reversed my Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Amazing...but stories like that don't surprise me anymore...

As Dr Jason Fung and others have pointed out, T2D is a condition of chronically HIGH insulin. The solution is a carbs lite, fats friendly, insulin lowering lifestyle... That gives us a very wide range of inclusive dietary options.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ZESTRIL

5. ZESTRIL

I'm not on metformin any more thank god the ruin my life for 15 years I did try the slow release ones but they gave the same thing has the original ones

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook