ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
How much overweight are you @lcarter? Are doctors pleased with you having no damage from sugar/carbs or is damage evident and to what extent?

ZESTRIL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi I was on that devil drug metformin for 15 years it ruined my life doing the same thing it did to you I'm on a drug now and Nova mix new drug
changed my life I'm on jardiance 10 mg I suggest you ask your doctor about them instead of diarrhoea gave me constipation but that's all cleared up now I've got used to them they are brilliant I'm type 2 diabetes the other name for them is a bit of a mouth full Empaglifllozin please give them a try

Reactions: lcarter

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sky high levels of insulin.

I'm a type 2.

Amazing...but stories like that don't surprise me anymore...

As Dr Jason Fung and others have pointed out, T2D is a condition of chronically HIGH insulin. The solution is a carbs lite, fats friendly, insulin lowering lifestyle... That gives us a very wide range of inclusive dietary options.

Reactions: lcarter

ZESTRIL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Lcarter - Some folks do have issues with Metformin. Did your Doc swap you over to the slow release variant? many get on a lot better with that.

Edited due to me sloppy reading - I see you're already on the slow release. Apologies

ZESTRIL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm not on metformin any more thank god the ruin my life for 15 years I did try the slow release ones but they gave the same thing has the original ones