Update

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks guys, I wasn't even sure if you'd remember me as life got in the way a bit. I've had a rocky few months with 5 surgeries in 5 months (last one this week) but I'm now reaching the point where I can put focus bck on my lifestyle changes again. I had never given up on that side of things, more just maintained it, without really improving things further...but now it's time to get serious again :)

My A1c of 38 was fabulous news, though I don't consider myself cured, just well controlled with diet and metformin.
Of course we remember you. We missed you! At least I did so am delighted to have you back.

Reactions: 6 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I loooove swimming.
But I'm afraid I'm not very grown up about it.

Picture a generously curved woman of middle years (48) swimming in circles, rolling like a beluga, flipping tails like a blue, launching sneak attacks from below like a killer whale, pretending to be a solo synchronised swimmer, blowing bubbles while sitting cross legged at the bottom of the deep end, and goosing their husband at every opportunity.

What can I say? I'm a water baby. I just can't help myself.

The only things I don't do are belly flops and bombs.
We want a little water left in the pool, don't we?
I used to love swimming but life, and not wanting to show my figure to the world, got in the way. However, now there's less of me I'm thinking about taking it up again - just plucking up the courage to go and do it!!

Reactions: 5 people