Updating the forum

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have noticed a lot of repeated questions on the forum - more than other forums I am a member of and have been wondering why.
In comparison to other fora, I notice this one is a little dated
- the search is not obvious
- the search is not very intelligent - it lists every post on a thread and does not use similar text (you have to search for Libre 2, Freestyle, L2, Libra, ... for anything on Freestyle Libre 2)
- the topics have not been updated - with the prevalence of Libre used by people with Type 1, Type 2, LADA, on pumps, not on pumps, etc. why is the Blood Glucose Monitoring topic so low down the page?
- the sticky posts are not updated. Under the Type 1 sub-topic there is an Insulin Pump eligibility tool thread from 2015 which no longer works.
- some newbies complain how confusing it is to find their way around and work out how to post

Some of these updates require investment in the software used for the forum but some, such as changing the sub topics and clearing out the sticky threads could be done for less.
I appreciate this still requires an investment in people's time but I am sure Diabetes Digital Media benefit from the forum in terms of PR and a market for their low carb programs. The clearer the forum is, the more value the company that hosts gain from it.

Reactions: Kazz94

Kazz94

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have noticed a lot of repeated questions on the forum - more than other forums I am a member of and have been wondering why.
In comparison to other fora, I notice this one is a little dated
- the search is not obvious
- the search is not very intelligent - it lists every post on a thread and does not use similar text (you have to search for Libre 2, Freestyle, L2, Libra, ... for anything on Freestyle Libre 2)
- the topics have not been updated - with the prevalence of Libre used by people with Type 1, Type 2, LADA, on pumps, not on pumps, etc. why is the Blood Glucose Monitoring topic so low down the page?
- the sticky posts are not updated. Under the Type 1 sub-topic there is an Insulin Pump eligibility tool thread from 2015 which no longer works.
- some newbies complain how confusing it is to find their way around and work out how to post

Some of these updates require investment in the software used for the forum but some, such as changing the sub topics and clearing out the sticky threads could be done for less.
I appreciate this still requires an investment in people's time but I am sure Diabetes Digital Media benefit from the forum in terms of PR and a market for their low carb programs. The clearer the forum is, the more value the company that hosts gain from it.
Yes I agree, I’ve actually just realised that I’ve been reading and replying to posts from over 6 years ago!