Type 2 Upset stomach

arnold2016

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all I am newly diagnosed, day three of taking metmorphin, I have started getting a upset stomach and feeling sick, has anyone any advice on how long this will last for, go says if I cannot stand it she has other meds I can try Tia x

Ems78

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I started mine mid September and is just started to settle now. Everyone is different yours might settle sooner. Good luck

Sean-W

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes!!!
If like me you couldn't take the upset stomachs anymore then you will more than likely be put onto a Slow Release Metformin called Glaucophage. It's much kinder to the tummy but expect it to take a few days to work into you're system fully. Hopefully though it'll settle itself over the coming days and you won't need the change but it is different for everyone. Firstly ask your gp for a stomach settler before changing it may help. Hang in there!

Sean-W

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes!!!
If like me you couldn't take the upset stomachs anymore then you will more than likely be put onto a Slow Release Metformin called Glaucophage. It's much kinder to the tummy but expect it to take a few days to work into you're system fully. Hopefully though it'll settle itself over the coming days and you won't need the change but it is different for everyone. Firstly ask your gp for a stomach settler before changing it may help. Hang in there!
I forgot to mention it comes in different strengths mine currently is 2000mg which is one tablet twice a day