Urge to pee

broxiebear1

Hi 67 year old t2 diabetic here
I have a problem and wondering if anyone else has it when I am feeling the need to pee I have to go straight away as I can’t hold it in very rarely go out because of it does anyone else have same problem
Thanks for reading

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @broxiebear1 .
Urgent need to pee, can have numerous causes, but there are remedies. The condition doesn’t need to restrict your lifestyle. (Though I do have some understanding, as I have to drink lots of water to cope with a health condition, and that water doesn’t seem to want to stay in my system too long, so when I go out I need to know where the nearest, easily accessible loos are located).

Causes of the need for frequent urination can be such things as medication, age, health, perhaps your diabetes management, even.
It would help members give answers from the benefit of their own experiences if you let us know what type of diabetes you have, any medication, examples of your blood glucose levels and HbA1c. Also gender, as biology as well as age can give different reasons for the condition. Your profile doesn’t currently have this info.
Whatever the cause, don’t suffer in silience though. Your GP can and should be symaphetic to your symptoms and start investigations.

• Agree
Reactions: lovinglife

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
I have the need to wee when going from warm to cold, this happens a lot in my house in winter as we tend to heat just two rooms living room and bathroom. I think age can do it also, plus too much tea yet water is fine!

• Hug
Reactions: Pipp

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would add that reducing the amount of caffiene does help. I only have one coffee a day with caffiene. Rest is decaff.maybe 4 cups a day.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
I would add that reducing the amount of caffiene does help. I only have one coffee a day with caffiene. Rest is decaff.maybe 4 cups a day.
Thing is I drink decaff tea but its the amount I sometimes have, just too much!

• Hug
Reactions: Pipp

Recretia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi 67 year old t2 diabetic here
I have a problem and wondering if anyone else has it when I am feeling the need to pee I have to go straight away as I can’t hold it in very rarely go out because of it does anyone else have same problem
Thanks for reading
Hi, are you male or female? If male have you had your prostate checked?