Urgent Advice Please, 2.7mmol

debbieinoz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm T2, diagnosed 2 years ago. Been eating LCHF for months and able to stop my Metformin. I'm not on any medication at all now. Due for an HbA1C in a couple of weeks, but my morning fasting numbers are normally around 5.Daytimes usually 4.7 to 5. I've been IF also for some months but the weight isn't shifting so I've done a few longer ones. I'm now 72 hours into a fast. All day, my numbers have been between 3 and 3.4, I've tested about 10 times today as it seemed unusual. I've just tested and it was 2.7. I feel slightly 'not quite 100%' but I don't feel ill, just slightly light headed. I really don't want to end this fast. Please could anyone advise me. Thank you in advance

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Test again. It could have been a one off strip failure. If your bg is consistently too low, you need to eat. Choose something slow release. Cheese cubes, taken slowly. A drink with a splash of milk. A slice of cold meat.

Keep testing.

What you don't want to do is dump some quick release carb or fruit combo in, or you could start a nasty high low yoyo effect.

Fung allows ppl coffeencream while fasting, which works v well for me. Allows v slow gentle energy release with no insulin wangyness.

Do you know what your ketones are?

You may get on better with Fat Fasting to break a weight loss plateau, rather than full on fasting.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I feel slightly 'not quite 100%' but I don't feel ill, just slightly light headed.
You may not be the best judge of your condition. A drunk usually is the last person to admit what everyone else can plainly see, not that you have been drinking.

I recommend that you follow Brunneria's advice and quite soon now.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just wonder why you have been fasting for so long, 72 hours sounds far to long to me no wonder you are light headed you need to eat something before you become really ill

debbieinoz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
[QUOTE

Keep testing.

What you don't want to do is dump some quick release carb or fruit combo in, or you could start a nasty high low yoyo effect.
[/QUOTE]
Thank you Brunneria, not a strip malfunction unfortunately. I've tested three times in the last 45 mins, 2 were 2.7, the last was 2.9 after I'd had a coffee with cream. I follow Fung too, I've never had this before but yesterday I decided to cut out the few proper coffees and change to decaff for all of them (I have been having the proper stuff for the first few coffees of the day, then switch to decaff). Thank you so much for the advice. I'll try a fat fast next time.

Reactions: 6 people

Petlamb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm T2, diagnosed 2 years ago. Been eating LCHF for months and able to stop my Metformin. I'm not on any medication at all now. Due for an HbA1C in a couple of weeks, but my morning fasting numbers are normally around 5.Daytimes usually 4.7 to 5. I've been IF also for some months but the weight isn't shifting so I've done a few longer ones. I'm now 72 hours into a fast. All day, my numbers have been between 3 and 3.4, I've tested about 10 times today as it seemed unusual. I've just tested and it was 2.7. I feel slightly 'not quite 100%' but I don't feel ill, just slightly light headed. I really don't want to end this fast. Please could anyone advise me. Thank you in advance
You really need to eat. You are making yourself very poorly.

Sent from my ME173X using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Reactions: 2 people