Urine retention

Lim-Peh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Recently I was afflicted with a very serious urine retention problem.
I was going to the toilet like every 30 mins and only managing a few drops in spite of a bloated bladder.

I thought reducing water intake will reduce my trip to the toilet. This must have aggravated my sugar level. I'm type 2 but wasn't doing test strip monitoring.

To cut a long story short, I underwent a TURP.

Just wondering if anyone else with similar condition.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Recently I was afflicted with a very serious urine retention problem.
I was going to the toilet like every 30 mins and only managing a few drops in spite of a bloated bladder.

I thought reducing water intake will reduce my trip to the toilet. This must have aggravated my sugar level. I'm type 2 but wasn't doing test strip monitoring.

To cut a long story short, I underwent a TURP.

Just wondering if anyone else with similar condition.
TURP?

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Transurethral resection of the prostate (commonly known as a TURP, plural TURPs, and rarely as a transurethral prostatic resection, TUPR) is a urological operation. It is used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).

Seacrow

Type of diabetes
LADA
As an eight year old child I decided not drinking was how to cure diarrhoea. It works. It also shuts down your kidneys. I was incredibly lucky that my kidneys started working again when I was rehydrated, although I don't think I've ever gone back above 75% function.

You probably already got the 'never reduce your fluid intake' lecture from your doctors, so for everyone else KEEP DRINKING.