US Embassy London with insulin pump

adi_mrok

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Pump
Hello there, I have a general question. I am soon having an interview at US embassy for tourist visa in London and I was wondering about security measures and my insulin pump. Did any of you have any experience with going there with insulin pump? Do I need any medical certificates and clarifications how insulin pump can and cannot be examined? Please share your thoughts as I am slightly concerned with no info anywhere on this subject :( Cheers.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello there, I have a general question. I am soon having an interview at US embassy for tourist visa in London and I was wondering about security measures and my insulin pump. Did any of you have any experience with going there with insulin pump? Do I need any medical certificates and clarifications how insulin pump can and cannot be examined? Please share your thoughts as I am slightly concerned with no info anywhere on this subject :( Cheers.

Can you call them or send an email?

Reactions: Kim Possible

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I've not been with a pump but they always take my phone away! I'd just explain what it is and have your I insulin info with you. Should be ok.