Using Fiasp on a pump?

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Really not getting on with Fiasp at all

Couldn't get my sugars down yesterday, so increase basal and regular small bolus, led to plummeting in the small hours. Okay after breakfast then uncontrollable highs (20mmol) 2 hrs after a lunch.

I'll give it a couple more days but feel ill be heading back to humalog.

Do you have to amend carb/insulin ratio with Fiasp?
I find the speed at which Fiasp works is dependent upon my blood sugar levels. If my levels are in the 4s and 5s, it works immediately. If my levels are above 10, it can take an hour (and lots of sitting on my hands to avoid the temptation to rage bolus) before it suddenly starts to work.
This took some time for me to get used to but now I know what I am dealing with, it is better for me.

Reactions: HellyMac

mjs007

I'm using Fiasp in a Combo pump, but looking to get either a tandem tslim or a Medtronic 780 next year, and was told if I got the tandem I wouldn't be allowed to use Fiasp, as the algorithm hasn't been tested on Fiasp. Fiasp has been tested in the Medtronic 780, so I can continue on it if I go down that route.
Hi there, just wondering what you decided? Oddly I was told the opposite that if I wanted to stay on Fiasp I would have to go with Medtronic which I did but now am being told I need to switch insulin before they will order a CGM for me! very frustrating :(

steveo4

Is fiasp available on the t slim pump as I find that novorapid takes a long while to start working and would like to try it to see if it improves my control? Has anyone noticed any issues when changing over?

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi there, just wondering what you decided? Oddly I was told the opposite that if I wanted to stay on Fiasp I would have to go with Medtronic which I did but now am being told I need to switch insulin before they will order a CGM for me! very frustrating :(
I've been using Fiasp in Medtronic pumps for years, and also have the cgm. No problems at all.

willmac300

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I switched from Humalog to Fiasp reason being Humalog was not "fast enough" for me.
Fiasp has been an improvement but ultimately however you plan not one of them seem to be quick enough!