using insulin injections as pump broke help!

ratchet76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hi there every one i was hoping that some of you could help me with this predictment i find myself in. My pump has just broke so while i wait for a new one i have had to go back on tresiba and novorapid needles again but i tend to get bad results from these rather than my pump which has my diabetes literally perfect, My nurse has given me calculations for the injections so it is tresiba is 6gm and novorapid is 30 gm of carb for 1 unit, dinner 40 gm for 1 unit and supper is 1 unit to 50 gm. As you can see it is very low amount. The problem is i have gastroperisis so dont tend to eat much at one time so i may have 30 gms and then 1 hour later 10 gms. Would i class these as different meals or could i bunch them together which would make 40 gms so 1 unit at dinner? if they are different do i ignore the 10 gm? do you see my problem? if anyone could help me I would be so grateful i just come home and my mind frazzled as it is and this defo not helping lol!.

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
cannot help a lot but novo rapid has a 6 hour action with a 30 min fast boost so when on
now if i was to go on the same route i e pump broke my carbs are 15 carbs for 1 unit so for 40 grams of carbs about 2 .5
units of novo rapid if i had 10 carbs .75 of a unit ...
in your case check blood sugars before meal /snack and then say 2 hours after write it down so you can see how you do
you possible will run /high or low but adjust very slowly best to be a little over also ckeck last thing before bed
maybe some body will reply better as i am only on NOVORAPID
good luck
vic on insulin 60 years
ps may help somebody to give u better advice support the pump s brillant bit of kit but only good as the person who use it