1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Using Libre2 on phone and reader.

Discussion in 'Blood Glucose Monitoring' started by sgm14, Apr 19, 2021.

Tags:
  1. sgm14

sgm14 · Well-Known Member

Just been switched over to use the new Libre2 sensors and want to check to see if my understanding about this is correct.

If you start a sensor on your phone, you can scan and get alarms on your phone, but can not scan using the reader.
    If you start a sensor on the reader, you can scan and get alarms on your reader and you can scan using your phone, but do not get alarms on the phone.

When I used the Libre1 sensors, I used the phone 99% of the time, but always liked having the reader as a backup option. With the Libre2 , it seems I either have to carry two devices or choose being having alarms or a backup device.

Is this correct?

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes.
    Correct and very annoying.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook