Type 1 Using the Libre2 with the MiaoMiao2

Jellytots

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dishonest people, cruelty to animals, leaking cannulas!
I've received a letter from my diabetes team suggesting I swap my L1 to the L2. However I have just started using my MM2 and love that I get constant readings to my iPhone and watch.

I'm nervous to move to the Libre2 incase it doesnt work with my MM2. Or the fact I've just spent alot of money getting the MM2 and then not using it.

Does the libre2 send updates to your phone/watch like say tomato app or xDrip4iOS? This was the main reason for buying the MiaoMiao2 in the first place

Thanks

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
There is a "hack" which allow you to continue to use xDrip with the Libre 2 and no need for the Miao Miao
This requires patching the LibreLink app

I have not had the privelege of the Libre 2 but looking forward to it

Jellytots

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dishonest people, cruelty to animals, leaking cannulas!
There is a "hack" which allow you to continue to use xDrip with the Libre 2 and no need for the Miao Miao
This requires patching the LibreLink app

I have not had the privelege of the Libre 2 but looking forward to it

Is it possible to continue as I am but using the libre2 instead of the libre1 with the xdrip and MM2?

I'm a bit thick when it comes to all of this!

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Is it possible to continue as I am but using the libre2 instead of the libre1 with the xdrip and MM2?

I'm a bit thick when it comes to all of this!
My understanding is that the interface that MiaoMiao uses to extract the data from the Libre has changed. I think Abbott have hardened the data encryption so MiaoMiao cannot get that data.

But I am excited that I will not have to worry about charging my Miao Miao, not having another lump on my arm and making my life easier.

There is an incredibly friendly and helpful facebook group for xDrip and they should be able to answer your questions when you migrate to Libre 2.