UTI s

Rog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
hello folks !
Currently out in lanzarote ( Hot Hot Hot ) and thought I had sun stroke but turned out to be a unitary tract infection.
My symptoms initially were chilled and nausea and sore bottom back , into day 5 of a course of anti biotics . The chills have subsided back is much less soar but still got the nausea especially in the morning , I haven't stayed out the sun really but when in the sea in particular is seems to lift the nausea for the whole day , I'm wondering if anyone has any experience on why the nausea is hanging around even though I'm half way through my antibiotics course ? ( first course for three years )

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
sorry to hear you have a UTI. I usually get nausea with a UTI when it has gone to my kidneys. That's also when I get a really sore back too. It does take longer to treat a UTI if it's gone to your kidneys... usually minimum antibiotics of 2 weeks. But for me they normally give me about 3 courses to get rid of it. I was put on preventative antibiotics at one point after about 3 kidney infections in one year. They kept me on that for about 8 months or so. I hope you feel better soon.... drink plenty of water. :)

Reactions: Snapsy

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to hear you have felt so grotty during your hol.

The last time I had antibiotics the tablets themselves caused nausea. It was horrible, and lasted for 3-4 days after the 10 day course of medication. Fun fun fun, eh? There was also a funny smell. Which was worse when I leaned over forwards. Something to do with my sinuses, I think. That disappeared at the 10 day mark as well.

The plus side of it was that they sorted the chest infection. :)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd agree with @Brunneria about the meds potential to throw nausea into the mix.

Do make sure you are drinking lots as that'll help with both flushing out the naughty bugs, but to ensure you're not going to be dehydrated (even mildly) in the heat.

Hopefully, things will begin to ease a bit more soon and you can concentrate more on enjoying your holiday.

Gannet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Showbiz
I have had trimethoprim twice in the last few months for uti's, and they caused nausea each time.