Dislikes
conservative polititicians
If there was a vaccine,companies that produced insulin would loose millions

nmr1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Zhen Gu is legitimate so the Daily Express isn't telling porkies. however as promising as the patch is, I still don't see the effectiveness against injections, will have to wait and see until they have enough human trials. A hundred tiny needles, hmm i am quite skeptical how that much insulin will fit into that tiny patch even if it is to be replaced every few days, what about when you sleep, do exercise (tense/flex your muscles. The benefit I see could be you could have the patch on your thigh where if you sat on it, it wouldnt really be that painful, especially during exercise. I'm not a man of science so its difficult to grasp the concept of a patch knowing what your sugar levels are.

Further to the point of who profits from diabetes, I get my insulin free on the NHS so it's the NHS getting funding for it and the government wants to cut NHS funding? makes no sense. The government would be better off if a cure was introduced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The first pharmaceutical company or university to produce a cure or vaccine for diabetes will make an absolute packet, and all the others will have multi-millions wiped off their shares. The companies/universities will then take the knowledge gained an move on to finding cures/vaccines for other autoimmune diseases, and make yet more money. Meantime, life will throw up new diseases and disorders. There is no conspiracy to keep us diabetic. The might be a conspiracy if there were only pharmaceutical companies, but there aren't. There are also hundreds of thousands of universities throughout the world.

Reactions: 3 people