1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Value of Accu-Check Combo?

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by Dustydazzler, May 2, 2012.

1. Dustydazzler

Dustydazzler Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi, hope you are all well.

Just a quick question, how much does the Accu-Chek Combo cost as I am renewing my contents insurance and i've forgotten the value of them. Is it that the testing kit is £800 and the pump is £2,500 or £3,00? Or am I totally out...

Many thanks, Dusty xx

2. jopar

jopar · Well-Known Member

Not sure..

But the remote cost £120...

Best to phone Roche they be able to give you a price

3. Ova

Ova · Member

When I was put on the combo my team said to insure for 2500 total, as in for both the pump and the remote/testing kit.

Hope this helps!

4. josie38

josie38 · Well-Known Member

Both of mine are insured for £3000

5. Julie1471

Julie1471 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi, guys, possibly getting a pump, but never knew you had to insure it?? So can I ask how do you insure your pump and who pays for it and is their special companies that do this???. And if I'm ok'yd for a pump, will this be sorted out at the app??

6. Riri

Riri Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hia Julie - the individual has to sort out insurance. I've just insured mine through insuranceforinsulin pumps website. It gets a mention on this website and the diabetes.org website so I just opted for it. It costs 6.99 per month so quite a bit but it seems to cover everything including loan pumps whilst travelling and no excess. I've read some other posts that say they've done it through their home insurance so this is an option too, but I've also read that some home insurance won't cover pumps. Cheers :D

7. Julie1471

Julie1471 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Thanks Riri, and never thought, you would need to insure, but now that you say it makes sense, home insurance sounds like one idea for cover, but you would still need to pay the excess on making a claim, wouldn't u? so the company you've gone with sounds like the best idea.

8. Dustydazzler

Dustydazzler Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replys. I've added it onto my contents insurance for £2500 after speaking to Accu-Chek. I was just being hasty asking on here as I was comparing meerkats at the time and it was out of hours for accu-chek!! Thank you xx

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook