Type 2 Varicose Veins...

Altaf_7

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi,
My mother who is 54 has T2 diabetes since 14 years... She has been noticing those varicose veins since a few months now , a cousin of mine who is a doctor told me that it is due to complication from diabetes and it can result in amputation ... I am so worried since than kindly help me with this ... anyone having varicose veins kindly tell me how to get relief from it and can it really result in amputation?

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,
My mother who is 54 has T2 diabetes since 14 years... She has been noticing those varicose veins since a few months now , a cousin of mine who is a doctor told me that it is due to complication from diabetes and it can result in amputation ... I am so worried since than kindly help me with this ... anyone having varicose veins kindly tell me how to get relief from it and can it really result in amputation?

The only way to find out is seeing a doctor for a proper examination. Plenty of people get varicose veins that don’t have diabetes and don’t end up with amputations. Some folk with diabetes get varicose veins and some have limb amputations.

All we can do is strive for normal BS in the hope of keeping complications at bay.

Reactions: Altaf_7

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
I have many Varicos Viens and been a diabetic for 14 years if I moisturize my legs and feet every night I am over weight and am trying to lose weight as much I can.
It's when you lose feeling with numbness that you need to be looking at your feet everyday. If I get a sore or a cut I always see my practise nurse and she gives me what I need.

Reactions: Altaf_7