Various issues

MarkHaZ123

So I was diagnosed diabetic about 2 and half years ago. I spent a year unsure if it was type 1 or 2. October last year I was confirmed type 1 which changed my life for the good with been able to control my bloods for the first time in a year and half.

Anyway this year has been one from hell in terms of illnesses and I believe been diabetic had helped to cause them. If it's going to be like this then just shoot me now haha.

Around March time I started getting issues with my sinuses which has been an ongoing problem since then and still not resolved as I can't get an appointment with ENT till next month.
Anyway this issue has been with me constantly which means I am constantly blowing my nose and my ears are always in pain or popping.
Back in October I was asked for bloods to check for any infections again as previously nothing found. My results came back that I needed to speak to a doctor so when I spoke to someone they said I was showing anemic but not due to iron deficiency etc.
He suggested repeat bloods in 2 weeks. At this point I was struggling to work more than 3 hours a day and felt ill all the time. Been self employed this doesn't help at all.

Out of the blue I get a phone call from the doc saying he wasn't happy with my results when he did my report so spoke to gastric services who requested me to go in ASAP for a camara test. This was done under the 2 week referral scheme which is targeted at ruling out cancel ASAP. At this point I had all sorts going through my head as to what could be wrong. Not knowing if its linked to my sinuses at all.

The hospital requested camara up my bum and down my throat aswell as a ct scan.

The camara up the bum was all clear but the one down the throat showed an inflamed stomach which was bleeding causing the illness I was getting.

My CT later came back that I have cystic matter on my chest wall which comes from infection.

Currently I dont know if the 2 are linked yet but have been asked for a repeat ct in 6 months.

To top it all off a week after I was in hospital for these tests I thought I might have got covid due to my lass been in contact with her boss but I ended up in hospital for a big UTI.

To say it has been an awful 8 weeks or so would be a good way of putting it. Currently fed up as some symptoms still haven't gone.

Before Ben diagnosed Diabetic I never ever had issues like these before. It's strange how everything has started this year and all in a short space of time.

Has anyone else had issues like these? Anything linked to other things?

Cant wait to get my sinuses sorted and hopefully back to normal

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So I was diagnosed diabetic about 2 and half years ago. I spent a year unsure if it was type 1 or 2. October last year I was confirmed type 1 which changed my life for the good with been able to control my bloods for the first time in a year and half.

Anyway this year has been one from hell in terms of illnesses and I believe been diabetic had helped to cause them. If it's going to be like this then just shoot me now haha.

Around March time I started getting issues with my sinuses which has been an ongoing problem since then and still not resolved as I can't get an appointment with ENT till next month.
Anyway this issue has been with me constantly which means I am constantly blowing my nose and my ears are always in pain or popping.
Back in October I was asked for bloods to check for any infections again as previously nothing found. My results came back that I needed to speak to a doctor so when I spoke to someone they said I was showing anemic but not due to iron deficiency etc.
He suggested repeat bloods in 2 weeks. At this point I was struggling to work more than 3 hours a day and felt ill all the time. Been self employed this doesn't help at all.

Out of the blue I get a phone call from the doc saying he wasn't happy with my results when he did my report so spoke to gastric services who requested me to go in ASAP for a camara test. This was done under the 2 week referral scheme which is targeted at ruling out cancel ASAP. At this point I had all sorts going through my head as to what could be wrong. Not knowing if its linked to my sinuses at all.

The hospital requested camara up my bum and down my throat aswell as a ct scan.

The camara up the bum was all clear but the one down the throat showed an inflamed stomach which was bleeding causing the illness I was getting.

My CT later came back that I have cystic matter on my chest wall which comes from infection.

Currently I dont know if the 2 are linked yet but have been asked for a repeat ct in 6 months.

To top it all off a week after I was in hospital for these tests I thought I might have got covid due to my lass been in contact with her boss but I ended up in hospital for a big UTI.

To say it has been an awful 8 weeks or so would be a good way of putting it. Currently fed up as some symptoms still haven't gone.

Before Ben diagnosed Diabetic I never ever had issues like these before. It's strange how everything has started this year and all in a short space of time.

Has anyone else had issues like these? Anything linked to other things?

Cant wait to get my sinuses sorted and hopefully back to normal

Oh heck, you've had quite a time of it. I hope things start looking up for you now.

As far as I'm concerned the sooner 2020 is over and done with the better.

MarkHaZ123

Oh heck, you've had quite a time of it. I hope things start looking up for you now.

As far as I'm concerned the sooner 2020 is over and done with the better.
I agree on that. Worked so hard this year almost 7 days a week for weeks through the summer. Just been a mad 8 weeks or so

Let's hope things ease up and it's not going to be a regular thing. Something which is to do with diabetes

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree on that. Worked so hard this year almost 7 days a week for weeks through the summer. Just been a mad 8 weeks or so

Let's hope things ease up and it's not going to be a regular thing. Something which is to do with diabetes

It's as likely to be your being run down from over working as diabetes. Take care of yourself.