Varying blood test results, am i prediabetic?

mvbsg1980

I've had am on going groin pain on and off for the last couple of years. Had 3 ultrasounds and nothing could be found from them. I had blood tests done and picked up on issues with my liver, eventually had an MRI confirmed fatty liver but nothing else.

I purchased a home monitor to test to see if my blood sugar level was anything to do with the pain. I noticed that my fasting level was elevated sometimes varying from 5.1 to 6.2. I've had several HBA1C done over that time and that has stayed at 33/34, so seems fine.

In the mean time i've changed my eating habits, mainly low carb, no rubbish apart from the odd slip up and i've lost just under 4 stone (just under 12 stone now BMI 23.4).

I also did a home glucose test (using official glucose liquid) which read between 7.5 and 8.4 on the same home monitor after 2 hours but went back to 5.8 after 3 hours.

I had a fasting test done recently and the lab result was 4.4, but I did a finger tip test around the same sort of time and it was 5.4. I know the home testing has a margin of error but it seems quite a bit different. I'm not sure what to trust now. has anyone had a similar experience?

I'm worried i'm pre diabetic and it's not been picked up?