Vbac

myarnton1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi everyone!
Has anyone been induced and still had a successful vbac? Hope someone can shed some light, Ive been searching the internet all night with no success. My obstetrician said I have a good chance as I fully dilated but needed a csection with my last and she said for my sake as I could want more children it would be better for me to try for a vbac.
Thanks all x

kitty55

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spiders
No idea but I'd want a vbac too if I'm ever lucky enough to have another. No induction with baby 1 but laboured for 48hrs and baby eventually popped out via emergency section at 40+4. I was under GA so I am desperate to actually experience a birth! XX

myarnton1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
No idea but I'd want a vbac too if I'm ever lucky enough to have another. No induction with baby 1 but laboured for 48hrs and baby eventually popped out via emergency section at 40+4. I was under GA so I am desperate to actually experience a birth! XX
Wow! 40+4, what was baby’s weight?:happy:
Sorry if I sound stupid but what is GA? Like you, I really hope to experience a vaginal birth, fingers crossed and I hope for you too! I’m just so nervous that the induction won’t work, and I would have left my little girl, whilst I’m in hospital, for no reason. That’s what I’m most worried about is leaving her:(. Thank you for your reply hun xx

Ellie_Wilko

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I opted for an elective for my second as I had a failed induction with my first and second time round they only allow you 24 hours for induction to work! My thoughts were if it didn’t work after 4 days it wouldn’t work after 1...

I was hoping for a vbac but after they gave me the facts and info etc I didn’t want to waste another few days in hospital waiting before more than likely ending up with another section!

myarnton1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I opted for an elective for my second as I had a failed induction with my first and second time round they only allow you 24 hours for induction to work! My thoughts were if it didn’t work after 4 days it wouldn’t work after 1...

I was hoping for a vbac but after they gave me the facts and info etc I didn’t want to waste another few days in hospital waiting before more than likely ending up with another section!
That’s exactly how I feel hun! But with my first, I wasn’t induced at 36 weeks and dilated fully within 27 hours but then needed emergency csection. Can I ask you, At what gestation were you induced? That’s the only thing making me feel like I should give it a go, as it did work, so if I can get to 38 should really be quicker (hopefully) this time. But it is like, hmm what’s the point when it could end up in csection again and chances are quite high. I’m only 17 weeks but I really want to be prepared as need to sort sleeping arrangements for my little girl if I have induction. Thanks for replying, all this info is so helpful to make my decision xx

Ellie_Wilko

Type of diabetes
Type 1
That’s exactly how I feel hun! But with my first, I wasn’t induced at 36 weeks and dilated fully within 27 hours but then needed emergency csection. Can I ask you, At what gestation were you induced? That’s the only thing making me feel like I should give it a go, as it did work, so if I can get to 38 should really be quicker (hopefully) this time. But it is like, hmm what’s the point when it could end up in csection again and chances are quite high. I’m only 17 weeks but I really want to be prepared as need to sort sleeping arrangements for my little girl if I have induction. Thanks for replying, all this info is so helpful to make my decision xx

I was induced at 37weeks with my first and he was born 4 days later via emergency csection. They did manage to break my waters and get me into labour but was labouring for 12 hours and only got to 3cm - his heart rate started to drop with contractions and everything stopped as soon as I was taken off the drip so my body just really wasn’t responding to it at all! The surgeon said after he was delivered that he was still so high up the induction would never have worked so theatre would have realistically been the only option.

The second with my elective was so easy! I knew the exact day I was going in so could sort arrangements for my son, as it wasn’t an emergency I only had to stay 1 night after and recovery was a million times better than the first. I had to go in 2 days before my section to have steroids but again knew exactly when it would be so could get everything prepared in advance.

I am sad that I won’t get to experience a natural birth but I am also glad I made the decision for an elective as it took all the pressure off the whole situation and was really laid back and felt I was in control second time round!

Good luck with whatever choice you make xx

kitty55

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spiders
Wow! 40+4, what was baby’s weight?:happy:
Sorry if I sound stupid but what is GA? Like you, I really hope to experience a vaginal birth, fingers crossed and I hope for you too! I’m just so nervous that the induction won’t work, and I would have left my little girl, whilst I’m in hospital, for no reason. That’s what I’m most worried about is leaving her:(. Thank you for your reply hun xx

He was 8lbs5 so not massive but not tiny either. I refused induction cos there was no medical neccessity in my opinion and rather went for a daily check after 40 weeks. GA was general anesthetic cos they spotted something on the ECG (or whatever it was called) and checked his blood and the pH level wasn't quite right. In the end my consultant told me that my son was in some funny position and wouldn't have been able to come out by himself anyway so I could've laboured forever (it was 48hrs anyway before I got to 10cm). So I do hope that next time it'll be easier, fingers crossed! ;-) xx

Reactions: myarnton1