Veggie eating out

SueB743

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just been diagnosed so trying to learn what I can particularly about a low carb diet. Can anyone recommend any particular types of pub/restaurant or menu choices when eating out. I'm a veggie and I don't eat fish so this restricts my choices. I know to avoid places which list lasagne or nut roast as the veggie choice as it normally means chef does not do veggie! Thanks all

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Sue, as a long term vegetarian with no access to dedecated veggie restaurants, the wife and I tend to just have. Green salad .. As a chef that's not dedecated to cooking vegetarian will possabley dipping spoons from non veggie foods into the veggie one.. Also they sometimes forget and add chicken stock or animal fat into so called veggie meals.
NOT all chefs are like this, so take time to get to know the cooks where you are going to eat from first.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I have just been diagnosed so trying to learn what I can particularly about a low carb diet. Can anyone recommend any particular types of pub/restaurant or menu choices when eating out. I'm a veggie and I don't eat fish so this restricts my choices. I know to avoid places which list lasagne or nut roast as the veggie choice as it normally means chef does not do veggie! Thanks all
if you pop the name of your town in the search box on this link, it will locate all the veggie friendly eateries in your area.

http://www.happycow.net/browse.html

Also, if you have a Nando's near you, they have a lot of lovely looking low carb veggie choices on their menu. Good luck.