Veggies and hunger

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I feel for you, hun - I really do. I never met a salad I didn't like! :wideyed:
Right?? Me either. But I also love other veggies so I'll just switch it back. Weird the higher carb have less effect. I really think it goes back to meal size

Reactions: debrasue

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I have given avocado many chances but we just can't agree lol. Have you tried baby spinach leaves for salad instead of lettuce?

Reactions: debrasue
D

debrasue

I have given avocado many chances but we just can't agree lol. Have you tried baby spinach leaves for salad instead of lettuce?
Yes, or varieties like lambs lettuce, endive, radiccio or rocket.... And asparagus, raw mushrooms and spinach are high in purines.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, or varieties like lambs lettuce, endive, radiccio or rocket.... And asparagus, raw mushrooms and spinach are high in purines.
I used to eat oodles of spinach until I got kidney stones. It's the worst food for those but I like all lettuce, all veggies really. Some agree and some don't.

It's just weird how high lettuce can raise my bs too!!

At least I don't have issues with my beloved avocado haha.

Streety

Type of diabetes
LADA
I find lettuce filling....at first but then it gets digested rather quickly. I add a lovely aldi mayo and make sure there's some carrot and cabbage sliced in there. I never have a salad without nuts either. If you're still hungry afterward - maybe a boiled egg?

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I find lettuce filling....at first but then it gets digested rather quickly. I add a lovely aldi mayo and make sure there's some carrot and cabbage sliced in there. I never have a salad without nuts either. If you're still hungry afterward - maybe a boiled egg?
Me too. It's an hour later. Maybe the mayo/ creamy dressing would be better than olive oil. I do crave nuts after too!!!or more avocado. Appears I need more fat!