Type 1 Verruca treatments

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi There . Are there any type 1 diabetics who have treated a Verruca on the bottom of their foot please. Please could you tell me what with , without going to your GP .

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)
Hi There . Are there any type 1 diabetics who have treated a Verruca on the bottom of their foot please. Please could you tell me what with , without going to your GP .

Hello there and welcome.

To be honest I wouldn't risk doing it yourself. We really need to look after our feet along with everything else.

I would strongly suggest you have someone look at this from a medical background who has knowledge of diabetes whether it be a Podiatrist, Diabetes Nurse, member of your Diabetes Team or trusted GP.

Hope you get it sorted..

Reactions: himtoo

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
TOTALLY agree with @kevinfitzgerald
your feet are so important --Please do seek help from a professional .

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Whether diabetic or not, I would not want to be dabbing caustic fluid onto my feet, then covering it up for a few days. A self-inflicted chemical burn isn't a good way to end up.

Many moons ago, before my T2 diagnosis, as Podiatrist advised me a very effective treatment for verruca was to apply an old styleee, no-dressing patch of Elastoplast or zinc oxide plaster (just enough to cover the offending patch really) for a few days to starve the verruca of oxygen. Then it usually withers as a result.

That does involve covering the thing, so you likely don't want to dabble in anything that covers it up, without appropriate medical supervision. Aside from all else, it would be wise to ensure it is a verruca you are dealing with, and not a corn or something, where treatments are likely to differ.

Don't mess with your feet. You only get one on the end of each leg, and they're important!

Dianemacfaden

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ugliness
Have just discovered one on the bottom of my foot and have an appointment with the community podiatrist next week so will let you know what they do.