Type 1 Very thankful

alphabeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I was diagnosed in 2009 and I was put on Mixtard 30 morning and night and Actrapid for lunch. I started having dawn phenomenon last summer (thanks to you guys I figured out what was happening) and it turned out that my insulin was wearing off around 4-5 AM.. I was scared to death from switching to Lantus and Humalog but I gotta admit that it has the best thing ever I did. My parents disagreed severely for switching my insulin but I did it anyway after I seeked advice from my nurse. (Is she qualified to switch insulins btw?) I see good reading in the morning thank God I still see hypers here and there and my basal isn't greatly figured out but it is all CERTAINLY MUCH MUCH better than my previous insulin! I feel like normal again! I haven't felt like this since I was 9! I am 18 this Monday so half of my life so far was not great regarding my BGs. Cheers.

BananaK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy Birthday for Monday.

It’s great that you’re feeling better and getting a handle on managing yourself. I learnt about DP here too!

Good luck for your next trip around the sun.

alphabeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy Birthday for Monday.

It’s great that you’re feeling better and getting a handle on managing yourself. I learnt about DP here too!

Good luck for your next trip around the sun.
Thanks!!! Wish you a happy trip as well!