Victosa side effects

jayney1966

Hi All
In the last 2 months I've been taken off Pioglitazone and started Victosa on 14 March. So far have lost 24lbs (probably because of the Pioglitazone as I put on 2.5 stone with this) and I feel really good. The Victoza has been a God send, my digestion has slowed and my bloods are so much better. Started on 0.6 now on 1.2. I am being careful what I eat and keeping the carbohydrates low. My appetite has also waned. However I am still having side effects of diarrhoea about every 3 days. When I get this I am back and forth to the loo all day and its debilitating really. Can I ask those who have been on Victosa for a while, does it get better, does it go away? Trying not to resort to imodium at the moment! I am also to have a blood test as I think I am anaemic too.
Thanks in advance. Jayne

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I,ve been on victoza 6 months and have not lost any weight and no side effects

Marvin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I've been on Victoza for more than 2 years now, and do get bouts of diarhhoea fairly frequently. But I'm also still on Metformin which I never tolerated well, and I put the trots down to the Met. (Also on Gliclazide, but I don't think I'ver ever had side effects from that.
I happen to be on twelve different drugs for various conditions, only three of them for diabetes; with that cocktail of chemicals in my bloodstream I've become resigned to a dodgy digestion, and now regard it as normal.

jayney1966

I've been on Victoza for more than 2 years now, and do get bouts of diarhhoea fairly frequently. But I'm also still on Metformin which I never tolerated well, and I put the trots down to the Met. (Also on Gliclazide, but I don't think I'ver ever had side effects from that.
I happen to be on twelve different drugs for various conditions, only three of them for diabetes; with that cocktail of chemicals in my bloodstream I've become resigned to a dodgy digestion, and now regard it as normal.

Thank you Marvin, I too take Metformin and have always had problems with this until I went onto the SR version. I know Victoza works in the same way, perhaps I have to continue and see how it goes...

ellroo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
maybe its worth taking the immodium or similar when the diarrhoea strikes, since it isn't that often and is debilitating?