1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Victoza v Ozempic

Discussion in 'Diabetes Medication and Drugs' started by Lemonie, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Lemonie

Lemonie Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I was on Victoza when it first came out and I had a really horrible experience with it. Vomiting more like faeces than food and terrible eggy smelly burps continually. I've now been offered Ozempic which has side effects of nausea which I am ok with but wondered if I was going to have the same problems as I had with Victoza. The DN said it did not slow down the digestive rate which I think was the problem with the Victoza. Can anybody offer any advice?

• Hug Hug x 1
  2. weinlong

weinlong · Newbie

Hi found this amazing article on how to control diabetes, simple 5 steps, i thought i would share this with you -

3. jlrussell

jlrussell · Newbie

I do not have advice on this subject. I also had a terrible experience with Victoza. For that reason, I have avoided Ozempic because it is the same type of drug.

• Hug Hug x 1
  4. Raydude

Raydude · Newbie

I was on Victoza 1.2mg once daily for 2 years without any side effects whatsoever, in fact it had no no effect at all, it has recently been stopped due to liver/kidney problems

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Freema

Freema Type 2 · Expert

ozempic do lower the speed which the stomack is emptying as far as I have read, it also lower the speed in which the liver releases glocose to the blood.. many do get nausea and some even do vommit a lot.. I hope to be able to thrive on the higher level next week starting the 0.5mg injektion, first month of 0.25 has been fine

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook