Victoza v Ozempic

Lemonie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was on Victoza when it first came out and I had a really horrible experience with it. Vomiting more like faeces than food and terrible eggy smelly burps continually. I've now been offered Ozempic which has side effects of nausea which I am ok with but wondered if I was going to have the same problems as I had with Victoza. The DN said it did not slow down the digestive rate which I think was the problem with the Victoza. Can anybody offer any advice?

jlrussell

I was on Victoza when it first came out and I had a really horrible experience with it. Vomiting more like faeces than food and terrible eggy smelly burps continually. I've now been offered Ozempic which has side effects of nausea which I am ok with but wondered if I was going to have the same problems as I had with Victoza. The DN said it did not slow down the digestive rate which I think was the problem with the Victoza. Can anybody offer any advice?
I do not have advice on this subject. I also had a terrible experience with Victoza. For that reason, I have avoided Ozempic because it is the same type of drug.

Raydude

I was on Victoza 1.2mg once daily for 2 years without any side effects whatsoever, in fact it had no no effect at all, it has recently been stopped due to liver/kidney problems

Reactions: scoop

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
ozempic do lower the speed which the stomack is emptying as far as I have read, it also lower the speed in which the liver releases glocose to the blood.. many do get nausea and some even do vommit a lot.. I hope to be able to thrive on the higher level next week starting the 0.5mg injektion, first month of 0.25 has been fine