1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Victoza

Discussion in 'Other Diabetic Medications' started by bog_trotter2020, Jul 1, 2019.

1. bog_trotter2020

bog_trotter2020 · Member

I have not long finished my second round of chemo , having had non hogkins lymphoma twice is four years. I have put on some weight, and my doctor is advising me to start Victoza. Has anyone been on it and how did it make you feel please?

2. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

Hi there bog_trotter2020 (great name!), I hope you're feeling recovered from your chemo. Thankfully, it's not a road I have travelled myself, but I do understand it takes it out of you.

I've not take Victoza, or any other meds for diabetes, , but if you type "Victoza Liraglutide" in the search box, you should find some past threads discussing it.

I suggest adding Liraglutide to the search criteria as they are different names for the same drug.

The search box is at the top of your screen, like here:

upload_2019-7-1_18-42-44.png

Your background in that arrea of the screen is likely to be red. I just prefer the black option. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. dawnmc

dawnmc Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I'm on victoza, been on it since April 1st. I haven't lost any weight on it though. I've been ok with it, not had any side affects. How's your bs levels?

4. bog_trotter2020

bog_trotter2020 · Member

Hi I had a chicken sarnie using wholemeal bread, an orange and a pack of yushoi pea crisps and two hours later my bloods were 22. I am just worried that I will get bad stomach/intestinal pain as I did when doc tried me on a different one.

5. ally1

ally1 Type 2 · Expert

I,m on victoza. Not lost any weight and have had no side effects

6. bog_trotter2020

bog_trotter2020 · Member

Hi, do you mind me asking what dose you are on please, I have been started on 0.6 for two weeks then I would think it goes up to 1.2.

7. TrevorFisher

TrevorFisher Type 2 · Member

About 5 years ago I was put on Victoria, as a way to not go on insulin.
    I couldn’t cope with the side effects.

I did loose about a stone, but the constant bloated feeling was horrible.
    I came off it and had to go onto insulin instead.
    I hope you fared better.

8. bog_trotter2020

bog_trotter2020 · Member

Hi
    Thank you for replying.. I don't think it is working for me, no difference to my bloods .

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook