Victoza

Jwnich

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Anyone any experience using Victoza?

Am type II taking Humalog and Toujeo daily with blood sugar varying between 6 and 15. Weight is also a problem along with Heart failure.

My Diabetic consultant has suggested we reduce insulin and introduce Ozempic (supply shortages currently) so going to start with Victoza.

Feedback appreciated

iz1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin

Am type II taking Humalog and Toujeo daily with blood sugar varying between 6 and 15. Weight is also a problem along with Heart failure.

My Diabetic consultant has suggested we reduce insulin and introduce Ozempic (supply shortages currently) so going to start with Victoza.

Feedback appreciated
I’m using victoza since 2015. I m having some side effects since last year such as very bad nausea and fatigue. It helps me eat less and lose weight.

garrycrone

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Feedback appreciated
It took me a few days to get used to it. And as I increased the dose from 0.6 to 1.2 to 1.8 I got bought of nausea. But it settled down quickly and now, ten years on, I get no issues at all using it. It does help to suppress appetite.

NaijaChick

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Be careful as you will lose weight but if you have diabetes retinopathy, it might make it worse.

Ladyboss219

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Feedback appreciated
I loved victoza personally, it helped my blood sugar as well as weight loss. My stomach was emptying fast, and with this medication I stayed on a good eating schedule without over eating. Of course consult physician, but I am about to ask my Doctor if I can go back on victoza. Good luck, you got this!