1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2018 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Arrived here after watching The Truth About Carbs? Join the Low Carb Program for meal plans & 10 weeks of simple steps into your new lifestyle.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Vilhalmur Steffanson - Plant-free Food Arctic Explorer

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by PW1, Jun 28, 2018.

1. PW1

PW1 Prediabetes · Active Member

I was browsing some tweets and found this posted recently. An interview with the arctic explorer famous for his fish, meat and fat based way of eating, and the experiment he did on his return to non-Arctic life.

The nutrition bit is around 10 mins into the interview.

Fascinating to see and hear the man himself. I’ve read quite a bit about how organ meat is important, he says that they fed the organ meat to their dogs because they didn’t like it, except in emergencies.

• Like Like x 2
  2. AloeSvea

AloeSvea Type 2 · Well-Known Member

yes, I was very impressed to read recently that he and a colleague offered themselves to modern science by offering themselves up as test cases for the meat only diet for a year attached to a hospital.

Good on them! And I have read it referenced on many occasions, so they did good.

(It's one of the ways you can reassure yourself or other folk about the no vitamin deficiencies on meat only longterm, if folks are not convinced by the Masai, the Inuit, the Plains native Americans.... well you get the picture.)

Looking forward to seeing the vid - ty for the posting @PW1

• Like Like x 1
  3. NoCrbs4Me

NoCrbs4Me I reversed my Type 2 · Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook