Vitrectomy - vitreous haemorrhage.

Becks33

Hello
10 weeks ago I had a bleed and since then I’ve had another one , my vision is totally blurred I can’t see anything clearly or any fine detail or even peoples faces up close , it’s kind of blurred with a red/yellow tint in my vision with some black floaters around the eye, my ophthalmologist told me yesterday I need a vitrectomy done in order to remove the blood do some laser and put a silicone oil in my eye , I’m extremely nervous as I didn’t want things to come to this , has anyone had a vitreous before ?? And what was their vision like after and how was recovery and are u still driving? I asked my ophthalmologist would I have vision when I wake up and he said depends on how successful the operation is I’m Extremely nervous should I be worried ?? My right eye seems to have stabled with some laser and one VEGF injection it’s just a shame my left eye has haemorrhaged as true vessels in there keep bleeding apparently no more vessels growth I just need the bleeding to stop ... do people usually have vitrectomys after 10 weeks? I’d appreciate anyone’s advise thank you xxx

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
@Becks33 ... a bit late to seek advice given the hour you've posted, but from what I've read it is indeed possible. Don't abandon hope as there are people here who've endured similar and you'll get a few comments. I'm very sympathetic to your plight

Mike :)