VLCD

artdecomum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have reduced my weight and blood HBA1C by sticking to 700 to 800 calories and less than 15 carbs a day, following the same boring repetitive diet of my own devising. I have used meat, chicken, cheese (30 gms a day), eggs, a little lettuce and mushrooms I have continued quite happily for 6 months. However, i have had painful at times, gallstones who seem to have now grown in size due to 'crash diet'. So as I can't, at the minute eat anything much at all,I resorted to using a diet shake. This has 136 calories, 2 gms fat, and 12.5 gms of carbs. Blood glucose after 2 hours 8.1. I was really shocked as it has usely been in the 6's 2 hours after eating. After 3 hours it was 7,1. Are these numbers really bad? I don't know whether to take the high blood sugars for now and see if they reduce as my body gets used to higher levels of carbs. If I follow the regime from the VLCd then i would be having about 60 gms of carbs per day. Does this sound too much. I am really at my wits end as to know what to eat at the moment as anything with more than about 2 gms of fat per meal just causes instant agony. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Could you clarify, you seem to be on a 'low calorie, low carb, low fat' regimen. I am surprised you have the energy to type. What is your protein intake, do you know?