? Volunteering issue

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football, Rugby, Sweede, Parsnips, Beetroot
So I volunteering at a local animal park twice a week. Awkwardly around 1 week ago. It was lunch break and we’re all having lunch in the nice weather outside, things were fine but then things got odd towards the end, however two of them (including my head of department) starting throwing sticks at one of them, they kept saying it was joke. But it wasn’t to me and a third member of staff joined in to the point they almost hit one of the students. I just kept quiet and didn’t get involved that day as it was near to end of lunch, to be honest afterward I just asked my Head of department for a job and did it slower as I didn’t want to see many of them afterwards due to what I just saw, things is they had always been getting along with each other and being fine before this, it’s not just this the main person who was involved hasn’t been in as much as he used to since then. Also ever since then I’ve been trying to hide but I keep getting nervous thoughts they might start doing at much again (they haven’t recently again but only probably because being indoors for lunch). (This also reminded me of my past bad experiences which I hate when they come back and that day I had to hide it afterwards)
Thing is I feel like I regret not saying anything at the time but also I don’t want to get them fired either. However it wasn’t professional and childish especially as they’ve been their longer then me.
Out of all my things this has been bugging me the worse bexuse if it happens again it could cause. someone or even an animal to get hurt or both or if it gets to far into the actually visitor path it could hurt a visitor etc... (as we do have free roaming birds in the yard) or both.

I dunno what to do as I used to enjoy volunteering and I do with the animals however I just get a bit nervous at lunch.

This is the only issue I have.

Ps also I don’t actually know who the manager is as we all wear very similar tops.

So what would you do? I felt like being quiet was the best way but also I felt like kind of guilty for not saying anything before. I nevr like seeing other people get hurt. I’m asking in case it happens tommorow

Tom.thomas61

Type of diabetes
Type 1
So I volunteering at a local animal park twice a week. Awkwardly around 1 week ago. It was lunch break and we’re all having lunch in the nice weather outside, things were fine but then things got odd towards the end, however two of them (including my head of department) starting throwing sticks at one of them, they kept saying it was joke. But it wasn’t to me and a third member of staff joined in to the point they almost hit one of the students. I just kept quiet and didn’t get involved that day as it was near to end of lunch, to be honest afterward I just asked my Head of department for a job and did it slower as I didn’t want to see many of them afterwards due to what I just saw, things is they had always been getting along with each other and being fine before this, it’s not just this the main person who was involved hasn’t been in as much as he used to since then. Also ever since then I’ve been trying to hide but I keep getting nervous thoughts they might start doing at much again (they haven’t recently again but only probably because being indoors for lunch). (This also reminded me of my past bad experiences which I hate when they come back and that day I had to hide it afterwards)
Thing is I feel like I regret not saying anything at the time but also I don’t want to get them fired either. However it wasn’t professional and childish especially as they’ve been their longer then me.
Out of all my things this has been bugging me the worse bexuse if it happens again it could cause. someone or even an animal to get hurt or both or if it gets to far into the actually visitor path it could hurt a visitor etc... (as we do have free roaming birds in the yard) or both.

I dunno what to do as I used to enjoy volunteering and I do with the animals however I just get a bit nervous at lunch.

This is the only issue I have.

Ps also I don’t actually know who the manager is as we all wear very similar tops.

So what would you do? I felt like being quiet was the best way but also I felt like kind of guilty for not saying anything before. I nevr like seeing other people get hurt. I’m asking in case it happens tommorow
Who is the person who tells you what to do? Or who is the person you liase with to volunteer? You should definitely speak to somebody of any authority if this is something you are comfortable doing.
If it is a well known animal park, maybe they have a website that you could look on for information which may suggest who a manager or main keeper is.
If you ain't comfortable talking directly to somebody, email or send a letter outlining what you have witnessed and your concerns.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football, Rugby, Sweede, Parsnips, Beetroot
Who is the person who tells you what to do? Or who is the person you liase with to volunteer? You should definitely speak to somebody of any authority if this is something you are comfortable doing.
If it is a well known animal park, maybe they have a website that you could look on for information which may suggest who a manager or main keeper is.
If you ain't comfortable talking directly to somebody, email or send a letter outlining what you have witnessed and your concerns.
Hope this helps.
My head of department but he was involved that day but thanks anyway