Walk to cure Diabetes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Ashleigh said:
Is anyone thinking of/going to take part in the walk to cure diabetes in Victoria Park (london) in October?

http://www.jdrf.org.uk/get-involved/joi ... tes-london

I'm thinking of signing up for the 10k run - my first, buut am unsure yet, i might give it a couple more weeks of getting back into running before I commit.

Hello Ashleigh that's a lovely postive thing you are thinking of doing. I think I was in the very same park on Thursday eating lunch with my daughter. It over looked the river Thames ( and the view was wonderful) and it has a beautiful temple structure which was built and then erected in the park to commenerate the abolishment of slavery. I'm sure this is the same park :) RRB

Ashleigh

Did you go to the olympics? Victoria Park is right near the stadium, I think - I assume it is because when the olympics started I saw a lot of companies (pages i'd liked on facebook) were spending the day in victoria park.

I live relatively close but haven't been there that I ever remember.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Ashleigh said:
Did you go to the olympics? Victoria Park is right near the stadium, I think - I assume it is because when the olympics started I saw a lot of companies (pages i'd liked on facebook) were spending the day in victoria park.

I live relatively close but haven't been there that I ever remember.

We just happen to come across it. As its the summer hols we are out and about alot. No we didn't see the Olympic Park, but in St James Park we tried to get to Green Park but we couldn't go that way because of it being blocked off for an Olympic event.......... was it Badminton :? It's not a big park, but very pleasant and people were lying on sitting on the grass, also eating there luch. I love to 'people watch' I love London, we go a few times a year, on the train. Hoping to go again next week :D RRB

Ashleigh

maybe that's a different one, the one this race is in is in hackney.

you picked the right time to come to london, its lovely and quiet, although that's not great if you want to people watch lol.